About the Barometer
The GBR Consulting Barometer is a regular suvey to obtain insights into the Greek hotel industry's opinions current issues as well as expectations about Occupancy (OCC) and Average Room Rate (ARR).
If you are a hotelier and you want to participate, please send us your business email (i.e. one linked to a hotel url) to email@example.com. The records kept of survey responses do not contain any identifying information that can lead to the identification of the person that has responded or the hotel s/he represents.
Expectations for 2017
- Greek hoteliers are very optimistic for 2017 with a majority expecting increases in occupancy levels and room rates compared to last year. Furthermore, about 4 out of 10 hoteliers is forecasting that their performance will be on par with last year both for occupancy and ADR levels.
- The city hoteliers expect to continue the positive trend of 2016. For the market overall 47% is expecting improvements in occupancy levels of at least 2%, while 56% is expecting these growth levels for ADR.
- The projections of the resort sector are even more optimistic with 68% and 60% of hoteliers expecting improvements of at least 2% compared to last year for occupancy and room rates respectively.
- In the categories 3 – 5 star the majority of hoteliers is expecting increases of 2% and more on all levels for the market in general. The 5 star hoteliers are the most optimistic of all hoteliers.
- The 2 star hoteliers are also optimistic in terms of occupancy development, but expect room rates at similar levels as last year.
How to read the meters
The full study
Please download the full results of the study: