About the Barometer
The GBR Consulting Barometer is a regular suvey to obtain insights into the Greek hotel industry's opinions current issues as well as expectations about Occupancy (OCC) and Average Room Rate (ARR).
If you are a hotelier and you want to participate, please send us your business email (i.e. one linked to a hotel url) to email@example.com. The records kept of survey responses do not contain any identifying information that can lead to the identification of the person that has responded or the hotel s/he represents.
Results 2015 Q1
- The city hoteliers are expecting significant improvements in occupancy levels, but are more cautious on their forecast for room rates as only some improvements are being expected for the market overall.
- For those resort hotels that are in operation in Q1 falling occupancy levels and significant drops in room rates are expected for the market in general.
- For the year 2015 hoteliers are optimistic as they expect on all fronts considerable improvements:
All hotels - forecast for 2015
- The city hoteliers are the most optimistic for 2015 as a vast majority is expecting significant improvements this year in both occupancy and ARR levels in continuation of the positive results of last year.
- The resort hotel segment has forecasted increases in occupancy, but stabilising room rates for this year in comparison with 2014.
How to read the meters
The full study
Please download the full results of the study: