About the Barometer
The GBR Consulting Barometer is a regular suvey to obtain insights into the Greek hotel industry's opinions current issues as well as expectations about Occupancy (OCC) and Average Room Rate (ARR).
If you are a hotelier and you want to participate, please send us your business email (i.e. one linked to a hotel url) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The records kept of survey responses do not contain any identifying information that can lead to the identification of the person that has responded or the hotel s/he represents.
Results 2014 Q4
- Overall the Greek hotel sector is optimistic for the last quarter of this year with improvements on all fronts, which are though more significant in occupancy levels than in room rates.
All hotels - forecast for Q4 2014
- The city hoteliers continue to be optimistic as none of the hoteliers have forecasted a decline in occupancy and ARR. The resort hotels that are in operation are overall optimistic for Q4 compared to same quarter last year. However, they are slightly less optimistic than the city hotels because a small group is forecasting declines.
Resort hotels - forecast for Q4 2014
City hotels - forecast for Q4 2014
- The analysis per hotel category of this quarter's barometer survey shows that
- The 5 star hoteliers are among the most optimistic. None of the hotels participating in our survey forecasted declines nor for their own hotels neither for the market in general.
- The majority of the 4 star hoteliers are optimistic by forecasting improvements, which are higher in occupancy levels than in the room rates.
- The 3 star hoteliers expect significant improvements in occupancy, while they are more cautious for the room rates, especially for the market as a whole.
- Finally, the 2 star hoteliers are the least optimistic this quarter as for the market in general they have forecasted stabilising occupancy levels with lower rates than the same quarter last year.
How to read the meters
The full study
Please download the full results of the study: