About the Barometer
The GBR Consulting Barometer is a regular suvey to obtain insights into the Greek hotel industry's opinions current issues as well as expectations about Occupancy (OCC) and Average Room Rate (ARR).
If you are a hotelier and you want to participate, please send us your business email (i.e. one linked to a hotel url) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The records kept of survey responses do not contain any identifying information that can lead to the identification of the person that has responded or the hotel s/he represents.
Results 2014 Q3
- Overall the Greek hotel sector is very optimistic for the coming third quarter of 2014. Significant increases are forecasted compared to the same period last year for both occupancy and room rates.
All hotels - forecast for Q3 2014
- The city hoteliers have a very positive outlook for Q3 2014 on all levels, while the resort hotels are more cautious in their predictions: although the barometers show a positive development overall, still approximately 4 out of 10 resort hoteliers expect stabilising occupancy levels and ARRs or even decreases.
Resort hotels - forecast for Q3 2014
City hotels - forecast for Q3 2014
- The analysis per hotel category of this quarter's barometer survey shows that
- the 5 and 4 star hoteliers are very positive expecting strong improvements in occupancy and room rates this quarter.
- the 3 star hotels are among the most optimistic of this quarters' survey. Significant improvements are forecasted on all fronts.
- the 2 star hoteliers are optimistic with respect to their occupancy levels as they forecast significant improvements. However, in terms of room rates they expect overall a stabilising trend for both their own hotels as for the market in general.
How to read the meters
The full study
Please download the full results of the study: